Position will design, develop, and create software tools and solutions through any or all phases of the software lifecycle. Position may require analysis of software and system requirements; evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools; design, coding, and implementation of software tools and systems; and software testing and evaluation. Responsibilities will range from loading, configuring, integrating, and tasking software systems to coding systems using high level programming languages i.e.: Java, C++, Python, XML, Perl, J2EE, CSS, etc.). Position may require expertise and/or have functionality within either multi-platform complex network systems or a Web environment. Software engineers may design and build web sites; create and modify Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs); and design databases and/or their interfaces. Position may require familiarity/experience ensuring compliance with federal guidelines and standards.
An A.A. or B.A./B.S. is preferred.
Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title and number you are interested in as the subject line.
Job Title: Software Engineer
- The selected candidate will be a member of a Systems Engineering team focusing on systems development, integration, debugging, and testing of high and low speed packet processing systems.FO
- Candidates must have significant hands-on experience in data analysis, development, integration, debugging and testing of processing.
- The candidate must have significant experience with virtual machines, Linux, scripting (Ruby/Perl, Bash), networking, and subversion.
- The ideal candidate will have a history of direct involvement with successful QRC efforts.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Special Projects
Description: Functional task areas include: Architecture, Software Development, and Program Management. Must have CONOP development and database engineering experience. Experience with Systems integration is required. Experience with System Architecture and design with COTS and GOTS products is preferable. Must have customer dataflow engineering and optimization experience as well as metrics collection, analysis, and Operations Support.
Job Title: Software Engineer - Hardening
Description: The selected candidate will be a member of a Systems Engineering team focusing on systems development, integration, debugging, and testing of high and low speed packet processing systems. Candidates must have significant experience in System Security, System Hardening, and System Integration. In addition, the candidate should have experience with virtual machines, Linux, scripting (Ruby/Perl, Bash), networking, and subversion. The ideal candidate will have a history of direct involvement with successful QRC efforts.
Job Title: Senior Software/Systems Integrator
Description: Seeking a candidate that has 3 plus years as a strong PERL software developer and LINUX System Administrator. This candidate must have the ability to work independently, as the GURU for the system. The candidate will be solely responsible for maintenance and development of the system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Administration, and Database Administration
• Periodically provide dumps of all database records to another program for audit purposes to determine how in synch our two programs' databases are
The REQUIRED skills are as follows:
- 5 plus years of PERL, SQL, and LINUX system administration
- 3 to 5 years of system hardware trouble-shooting
- 5 plus years of utilizing the software engineering life cycle process
- Self-starter, problem-solver, and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Technical knowledge of data flow processes
Job Title: Software Engineer
Description: Candidate should have significant experience with Perl.
Job Title: Software Engineer/ Program Analyst (SWE2)
- Must be a self-starter and able to effectively work and communicate in a team setting
- 5+ years developing with Java
- 2+ years developing server-based applications (with Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- 1+ years experience in enterprise development with Spring Framework or J2EE
- Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce), HBase, and Zookeeper
- Strong understanding of design patterns
- Understanding of common computer science data structures and algorithms
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience with Lucene search engine
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Desired Skills: C++ development, experience with Spring MVC, RESTful Web Services, SOAP-RPC Web Services, ExtJS, Perl scripting, and Groovy & Grails. Experience with low-level security.
Job Title: Software Engineer/Program Analyst (SWE2)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Perl development experience for processing, storage, and retrieval systems.
- Ability to effectively work across teams
- Occasional on-call support
- Ability to work in a dynamic, interactive environment
Job Title: Software Developer
Description: The candidate shall be an experienced developer with a strong background with using Java/Spring technologies. Responsibilities will include converting interfaces from JReports to Java/Spring in support of two projects. In this endeavor, based on the background and experience of the candidate, they would either be entirely responsible for the conversion or would work as a team member with other developers.
- Shall have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Shall have a minimum of six (6) years experience with programming.
- Shall have a certification in at least one (1) of the software technology areas or an associated degree.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science is highly desired for this position but will not apply toward the six (6) years of experience.
- Desired skills include experience with Java-based database design/database development (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, JDBC, and SQL).
Job Title: Mid-Level Software Engineer
Desired Skills: Experience with Agile development methodology, experience developing applications using the Maven Framework, experience with XML Document Processing & Binding Technologies (i.e., XSD, XLST, DOM, SAX), experience with Web Application technologies to include AJAX, GWT, JAX-WS, experience working with open source Java application Frameworks, APIs & tools (Jakarta Commons, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, Spring Framework), experience working with relational databases and ORM Tools (Hibernate, MySQL, JDBC).
Job Title: Mid-Level Software Engineer
Description: 3+ years of experience as a software developer performing requirement analysis design, code, and testing. 3+ years of experience using Java and JavaSwing. 2+ years of experience using Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 specification. Proficiency in the use of a J2EE or Java EE 5 application server. Proficiency in the use of Maven 2.0 and Eclipse. Proficiency in the use of a CM tool.
Desired Skills: Familiarity with JBoss V4.x, Subversion/Trac interface, and with Oracle 10g/9i/8i PL/SQL. Familiarity with XML DOM and web services SOAP 1.1/1/2 WSDL 1.1Familiarity with Agile Software development.
Job Title: Senior Engineer
- BS in a related field
- 6 years leading and managing software-intensive projects and programs.
- 15 years in a technical role, working on software-intensive projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- 7 years experience in an enterprise environment. Four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- 10 years experience as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, design, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of FOSS/COTS/GOTS tools, and unit & test integration (with both new and legacy systems).
- 2 years experience developing solutions by integrating and extending COTS products.
- 2 years experience in web services implementation.
- 8 years experience in programming using Top Down, Event Driven, and object-oriented paradigms.
- 7 years experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems using industry recognized process management; such as a CMMI Level 2 and above, or customer process structure.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and generated five (5) documents in support of a software development project.
- 5 years direct experience with customer activity.
- Knowledge of IBM Data stage software